Friday, April 8, 2011

Death. . . .

was on my way back from school when i saw a road accident nearby my house.. in the wave of the many people there, i saw a man's body lying lifeless on the road, covered with a big piece of paper. Police officers were taking photos, reporters were doing their thing, on-lookers being their busy body self and the MCA crisis relieve team redirecting traffic. I think this is the first time i see a dead body this close.

It occurred to me how fragile life is. How one mistake (the driver) can end a life, and how one incident (the motorist) can bring an end to a persons diary. Was that man lying on the road ready to die? Did he have the slightest idea before the hit the road that perhaps "I'm going to die today". What was he doing that morning? What was his plans for that day? How did he live his life all this while? It doesnt really matter now does it. Death caught him by surprise.

My next train of thought was where is his spirit now? The conventional heaven hell dilemma? or the "spirit hanging around" superstition? If he was facing judgment with scenes of his whole life flashing by, would he be begging and mourning in anguish before the Almighty?

There was a strange coldness in me that day. It was not because i saw a dead body, but its the thought about life in itself. How we so busily chase after things and run about our daily lives like its the most important thing. At the end, who do we live for? What do we live for? I've found my answer. I live to serve my Lord, Jesus. How about you?

1 Comments:

At April 16, 2011 at 10:53 PM , Blogger s a r a h said...

mm. to live is Christ, and each day, as if it were my last.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home